Position for student research conference.
This Regulation defines the status, goals and objectives, procedures, conditions of participation requirements for the work, the procedure for determining the winners of student research conference, "Pavlov read" (hereinafter - Conference) held in the State institution of general education Fifth Language School of the Central District of Varna (hereinafter - the gymnasium).
The aim of the conference
Spiritual and moral, intellectual and creative development of students by involving them in research and project activities under the guidance of teachers, scientists, university teachers and employees of cultural institutions.
1. identification of gifted students interested in research and development, supporting them in the creative development;
2. stepping up the promotion of scientific knowledge and to attract students to scientific work and research activities;
3. demonstration of the best achievements of students, high school experience for the organization of educational research;
4. formation of creative links with universities, cultural institutions;
5. assistance in professional self-determination of high school students;
6. working out the continuity of elementary, middle and high school;
7. to draw public attention to the problems of development of the intellectual potential of society;
8. increasing public interest in innovation in education and to identify new approaches to solving today's problems in general and in education;
9. study of modern intellectual factors, self-learners;
10. search for ways to form an effective information environment that increases the role of social work students.
Overall management of preparation and holding of the Conference by the Organizing Committee (hereinafter - the organizing committee), which is created each year Methodical school board and approved by the director of the gymnasium.
- is working on preparation and holding of the Conference;
- forms of expert committees and other functional bodies to which the relevant experts are involved;
- determine the form, procedure and timing of the Conference, the cost estimates;
- approve the program, list of participants, protocols, results of the Conference;
- resolve other issues on the organization of the Conference.
Expert committee formed from the substantive sections of the school teachers and other educational institutions, scientists and experts of universities, cultural institutions, representatives of the public.
- carry out checks submitted to the organizing committee of research students in accordance with the evaluation criteria (Appendix 4) to competitive selection for public protection on substantive sections;
- criticize oral presentations (reports) that contain the main theses of the work;
- make decisions about the winners and prize-winners of the Conference;
- provide an analysis of research papers, reports of students;
- summarize the results of the sections;
- make proposals to the committee on issues related to improving the organization of scientific and methodological support for the Conference.
Dates of Conference
The conference is held once a year. The exact date of the Conference Organizing Committee is determined annually.
Conference participants can be students of the 2-11th grades, are the authors of research papers. All participants are divided into three age groups:
1. Students grades 4.2;
2. students in grades 5-8;
3. students in grades 9-11.
Conditions of participation in the Conference
Work submitted to the Conference:
- requires knowledge of the author of the current state of research;
- is in the nature of scientific research, the center of which is the actual problem, which has practical significance;
- reveals the possession of the methodology of the experiment, the presence of its own data, analysis, synthesis and conclusions.
The works must comply with certain structure (Appendix 1) and shall be proposed to the design requirements (Appendix 2).
The author can present their work in the following formats:
- Research (8-11 grades);
- Review(2-7 grades);
- Project (2-11 grades).
Requirements for the content of research
The work should be exploratory in nature, different novelty, relevance, theoretical or practical significance, literate and logical presentation, to include formulation of the problem and be accompanied by findings. In the research work should be presented factual material, the results of independent research. In this paper it is important to justify the chosen topic, research method, analyze results, formulate conclusions and, if the plan provided for the work, practical advice.
Requirements for the content of abstract works
Summary - a student's independent work, where the author reveals the essence of the problem under investigation, results different points of view, as well as their own views. The content of the material should be logical presentation of the material is a problem-exploratory. The abstract should be a theoretical study carried out based on a review and analysis of scientific literature on a selected topic.
Requirements for the content of design work
Project work is a reconstruction of the material and technical environment (layout, design, posters, etc.). Layout can be made through various artistic media, and natural materials (clay, clay, wood, plastic, cardboard, etc.). The project is accompanied by a description of the work done with an explanation about the specific impact on the human-designed models or reconstituted material and technical environment.
Participation in the Conference possible in person (public performance - the protection of research) and correspondence (poster).
The Conference program can include plenary, poster sessions, the work of sections, round tables, debates and other forms of mutual communication.
Stage I: Organization of the Conference
Prior to October 1 of the Conference Organizing Committee is created.
Prior to November 1 are determined by subject, form, order and timing of the Conference, the cost estimates. Apply for participation in the Conference (Annex 3).
February 15, Methodical school board approved research topic of students high school.
Prior to March 15 shall work in print and electronic form (on CD). Determined by experts to review the work on the proposed criteria (Appendix 4).
Until April 1, defined work, admitted to the Conference, formed by the number of sections (depending on the number of participants) of the sections (not more than 12 participants), the composition of expert committees to work on the section (3-5).
Stage II: The Conference
Registration for the conference.
Public speeches of the participants in the substantive sections of the following areas:
- humanities (history, social studies, history and culture of Varna, literature);
- Philology (Bulgarian and foreign languages);
- natural-mathematical (math, science and ICT, physics, chemistry, biology, geography, physical education, life safety);
- aesthetic (music, fine arts, additional education);
- Elementary School.
Statements must be accompanied by a computer presentation (Power Point). The expert committee is printed copy of research and expert review (s). On the performance of participants is given 5-7 minutes to discuss - to 3 minutes. Speech is assessed on the proposed criteria (Appendix 4).
Upon completion of the substantive sections of the expert committees held meetings at which the winners (and winners of the diploma) are recommended for the best work of the plenary presentations and awards, publications. All decisions of the expert commissions are recorded, signed, approved by the presidents and secretaries of the commission are final.
Stage III: Summarizing and rewarding
Organization of the ceremony tabulation and award of the Conference Organizing Committee is determined annually and approved by the director of the school.
Diploma of I degree are participants who scored between 40 and 45 points (and higher), II degree - from 35 to 39 points, III degrees - from 30 to 34 points. All Conference participants are awarded certificates of participants.
Students in grades 9 marked Diplomas I and II degree, have the right to replace one question exam performance tickets on the research work, if this topic is relevant subjects.
Stage IV: The publication of abstracts of work
The decision to publish abstracts of works in accordance with the Rules of abstracts (Appendix 5) The Board shall annually Methodical Grammar School and the Conference Organizing Committee and approved by the Director.
Contacts: Tel. / Fax: (359) 529-04-73
The structure of
- Cover Page - The first page of the (not numbered) (see example - Appendix 2).
- Contents - contains items of work on the pages indicated.
- Introduction, rationale for the relevance of the chosen topic, problem statement, goal, objectives and methods of research, a brief review of literature used, the degree of scrutiny of this issue, a description of his own experience in the chosen solution to the problem.
- The main part - the information collected and processed by the investigator: a description of the basic facts considered, the characteristic methods for solving the problem, a comparison of well-known author of the previously existing and proposed methods of solution, the rationale for the option selected solutions (efficiency, accuracy, simplicity, clarity, practical importance and so on .), the analysis of the results. The main part is divided into chapters, each section, convincingly revealing the particular problem or one of its sides, is a logical continuation of the previous, can be represented by tables, graphs and diagrams.
- Conclusion - in a concise form generalized conclusions are formulated and the results obtained by the author, directions for further research and suggestions for possible practical use of research results, recommendations are offered.
- References - publications, publications and sources used by the author (the number of references in the text must match the serial number in the bibliography). Information about each publication shall be executed in strict sequence:
- surname and initials of the author;
- The name of the publication;
- Imprint publishers;
- year of publication;
- № of the issue (if the publication of periodical).
All publications should be numbered and arranged in alphabetical order.
- Applications (presented charts, graphs, tables, figures, etc.).
Requirements for registration of works
The title page should contain the work:
- Name of educational institution in which the author is trained;
- type (research, essay, project) work, and its name;
- surname, first name of the author, the class;
- Name and Surname (in full), title, place of work, degree;
- annual performance;
For students of other OS in addition:
- ZIP code, complete mailing address;
- Phone (with area code);
- e-mail and fax.
A sample cover sheet
State Educational Institution
Fifth Language School
Central District of Varna
"Features of the genre of travel in Bulgarian literature"
Marina Vorontsovka, Grade 9
Maria G. Katich,
Teacher of Bulgarian Language and Literature
Fifth Language School
The scope of work shall not exceed 20 typewritten pages, including figures, graphs, diagrams, drawings and photographs, which should be linked to the main content.
Requirements for the text:
pages printed on standard white A4 paper (font Times New Roman, font size 14 pt, justified alignment, line spacing - one and a half, indent the first line - 1.25 cm, with no hyphens). Margins: left of the text - 3 cm, right - 1 cm from the top and bottom - 2 cm Figures, tables, etc. You can have an arbitrary manner.
- Name of the student's class (for participants in other OS - complete home address, zip code, phone area code, name of institution, address, phone, fax, e-mail; name of director).
- Name, title, place of work of the supervisor.
- A list of office equipment, necessary for the submission of the report.
- The application should be attached to the author's abstract research: volume - no more than one typewritten page, font Times, size 14, line spacing - one and a half.
Criteria for evaluation of the works
- relevance of the topic;
- stated that the content of the topic, goals and objectives;
- validity of work for a variety of research methods;
- the practical significance of the work;
- originality of the solution;
- consistency of the construction work;
- The level of autonomy;
- Compliance with the conclusions of the results obtained;
- culture of design, applications (if any).
Criteria for evaluation of the participants and the answers to questions
- consistency of performance;
- speaker competence (the possession of the problems of language and scientific field of study, degree of scholarship in this area);
- Culture of Speech:
- the ability to express their thoughts correctly without speech and grammatical errors;
- ability to lead the discussion, correct to defend their ideas;
- completeness of answers to the questions the commission and the audience (the ability to operate with the knowledge to answer the questions;
- The quality of presentation (use of demonstrative material).
With the active discussion of the reports (abstracts) of the participants, the commission has the ability to add additional points to the speaker.
A sample list of expert assessment of the work and performance
Number p / n criterion scores
(From 0 to 3)
Evaluation of the presented work (Theme)
1. relevance of the topic
2. The contents of the stated theme, goals and objectives
3. argumentation of work for a variety of research methods
4. practical significance of
5. original solution to the problem
6. the logic of building work
7. level of independence
8. compliance with the conclusions of the results obtained
9. Culture of the design, application
Evaluation of the participants: (FI, Class)
10. consistency of performance
11. competent speaker
12. ability to express their thoughts correctly without speech and grammatical errors
13. ability to lead the discussion, properly protect their ideas
14. completeness of answers to the questions the commission and the audience
15. the quality of representation (the use of demonstrative material)
Each criterion is evaluated from 0 to 3 points. Scoring system for assessing provides for 45 points as the highest, is the sum of scores on the peer review stage of the review and at the stage of public protection work on defined criteria.
The rules for abstracts of work to be published
Materials provided by the Organizing Committee of the Conference on e-mail to the 1.5 as a single file (format Word for Windows document with extension DOC or text file format with the extension RTF).
The file should contain the following:
- Name of educational institution;
- mailing address, phone, fax, e-mail of educational institutions;